Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stretch Mark Miracle!!!

I can't help myself but to do a blog about beauty. Come on. Its pretty much my life. I live for this s**t ;)
Since I've become pregnant, I have felt....well not so myself. I don't slack off when it comes to at least trying to look good and presentable. But just like everyone else, pregnant or not, I have my days where I'm just like "...eh. no makeup today. psssh and my hair that hasn't been brushed since yesterday looks fine." Pregnancy really does take alot out of you. That is something I quickly learned. I barely put on a full set of makeup anymore, I wear yoga pants or sweatpants at least 2-3 times a week, its just a completely different side of me. But of course me being the health and beauty guru that I am, I still kinda experiment with different things that help improve the human canvas (aka the sexy body). Pregnancy beauty problems somehow make "regular" beauty problems a piece of cake to fix. Its extremely harder to fix a situation during pregnancy because you have to be very careful of what you put on your skin and in your body because of the little person inside who is still developing is very very sensitive.
The scariest thing that has happened to my body during pregnancy? No, its not my constant growing stomach. Its STRETCH MARKS!!!!!! Ever since the 7th grade, I've been using cocoa butter to avoid future stretch marks and fade the very few ones I had on my hips. FAILED!It did a good job when I wasn't pregnant, but now...it only gets used on my arms, legs and feet. No use on my "sexy" areas anymore. I was terrified when I woke up one morning and it looked like Freddy Kruger tried to kill my ass and boobs. It was red and scary looking. I looked like I was carrying a disease. Thank God none showed up on my stomach (*knock on wood*...yet). I began to become very discouraged. Me being a model, dancer and someone who likes to show a good amount of skin, stretch marks are horrifying. So I researched and researched and researched until I came up with some solution of my own to treat stretch marks.
Every product that I looked up was either too damn expensive or not safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women. I then looked up "natural" ways to fade stretch marks. Some ways were kinda far out like African black soap (that they only sell at certain stores), Aztec powder clay (whatever the hell that is. sounds crazy but I just might try it for the fun of it one day), cooking everything in your kitchen that looks like it may work....yeah right.
So after my research I came up with my own solution. And I promise on my own grave when I say, IT WORKS!

This my friends is all you need. Promise. 
First things first is have some sort of body scrub. Preferably sea salt, but you can use coffee grains or any other body scrub that you like. Try to get something fine grain and gritty instead of the softy ones. But whatever feels comfortable to your skin is fine. My mother used to sell bath salts and make them for people, so that is why I have a whole heap load of scented sea salt sitting in my pantry. I take some of the scrub and mix it up with the soap that is already on my body in the shower, and scrub away! 
Secondly, whenever I get out and dry off, I use Reviva Labs Stretch Mark Prevention Lotion on my boobs, tummy and butt. The same places I used the scrub. This stuff is not hard to find at all. I found it at Kroger. Its only about $7. You can also buy it off Amazon if you are into that. I also use this by itself when I am getting dressed in the morning just for extra work. 
You can try both of these and/or use one buy itself without using both. When you use the scrub by itself, it may dry out your skin just a little bit. If you just use the lotion by itself, it will work but the process takes longer. 
THIS WILL NOT GET RID OF THEM! ONLY FADE THEM REALLY REALLY WELL!
I have been working on this experiment since July. I will never tell someone about something if it wasn't true or didn't work. Trust me. I'm very honest like that. I would have never posted this if it didn't work. I want all people, women and children especially to fulfill their fullest potential. Physically, this means that you have to look your best. Whether you agree with that or not, its the truth. Just saying. :)

Love you all.
-Kortney

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a persons determination." ~ Tommy Lasorda





No comments:

Post a Comment