Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: Making My Birth Plan!

I'm pretty sure you all know by now that I am an open book when it comes to letting you all know what goes on with my life. Sharing my pregnancy experiences are no different. Its kinda fun to share with you guys anyway. So today I made my birth plan. I go to the doctor on Monday and he wants me to at least talk about how I would like delivery to go. For help, I went to theBump.com and printed out their Birth Plan tool. It really does help. Well here is my plan... :)

The Hospital: Baylor Medical Center in Irving
My planned delivery: Through the hole! (Vaginal)
Only thing that might change this is if the baby has complications. I would love to try a natural water birth for my 3rd or 4th child....not right now though. Haha. Its my first time.
I'd like...to be present: Hospital staff only (no students), My mother, My great aunt, and my partner (if he shows up)
During labor I'd like: Music played; Music calms me down. I would like to use my trusty dusty Pandora radio if I feel like I need it. To wear my own clothes; .....come on now. Really need an explanation?
First stage of labor: Id like to do whatever my body is telling me to do. If I want a bath, gimme a bath. If I want to walk around, please let me walk around. If I want to sleep, do not wake me up. :)
For pain relief: Well here is something interesting that I'm doing. I really want to see how long I can go without meds. Sounds crazy I know but I just want to try it. If I'm 8cm dilated and it feels like I'm at 3cm and I'm okay and not screaming my head off and the breathing techniques are working, then I just might, MIGHT, go natural. But if I'm 3cm dilated and it feels like I should be at 8cm, then I want all the meds in the world! The reason I'm doing this is because I am not the type of girl who likes medication. My mother is the type of woman who depends on meds for anything and everything. Not my style. But we'll see :)
During delivery I'd like to: Push as directed (because I'm obviously not a doctor) and be laying down. I cant see how someone can stand up and push...
After delivery: I'd like to hold my baby immediately after, breastfeed as soon as I can, and my family to have unlimited visiting.
My baby's food: Breast milk! :D
Baby's stay: In my room unless an emergency.

Well of course this isn't all of the things on my birth plan papers. Some things were a little too open and I didn't want to scare you guys. But doing this, just makes me feel closer and closer to seeing my baby. I'm so excited. Every day I'm getting bigger and bigger. She's moving alot more and those kicks are getting stronger. The baby shower is a month away. AHHHH! Just alot of excitement and anxiousness going on. :D

Muah! Love you
-Kortney

"Trust that your soul has a plan, and even if you cant see it completely, know that everything will unfold as it is meant to." ~ Deepak Chopra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment