Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baby Shower Planning: Themes

Eeeek! Its only a month before my baby shower! :D September flew by so fast and I have been following everything step by step on my checklist trying to prepare. Its actually not at all alot of work, just so much fun. Alot more fun and less stressful than planning a wedding.
Next up on my checklist was choosing a theme. Choosing a theme is also one of those things that are not too hard. Well for one, if you know what u are having, then that should knock off a whole lot of options. If you decide u want a "surprise" or a "gender reveal" then its only just a little harder because you don't want things to be too girlish or boyish. One last factor you consider when choosing a theme is when you are going to have it. You wanna try to always stay in season. You don't want springtime butterflies in the middle of January, or dark colors in April. Ive truly learned my lesson by sticking to a theme by season. My birthday parties in the past were almost never in season. My 13th birthday was an at home Luau, my QuinceaƱera was the day before Halloween and red and diamond themed, and keep in mind my birthday is at the end of October! Hahaha
This time I've taken good advice and considered the season including my baby's gender. Im having a girl so of course me being a proud girl I want pink. My baby shower is November 4, so I didn't really want too much flowers and stuff. So the theme, or color scheme I am choosing is Pink and Chocolate brown. See. In season this time! Lol.
Here are a few "templates" ive picked out. Lemme know what you think.



Until next time my lovey doves!
-Kortney

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get...until you bite into it." ~Forrest Gump

1 comment:

  1. Informative post!! Thanks for sharing this info here about themes and I chose to go with “gender reveal” theme for my sister’s baby shower at one of local LA venue. Just need to have fantastic ideas for the day.

    ReplyDelete