Sunday, February 10, 2013

Winter Ball

Winter Ballin!!!

Saturday was my school's annual Winter Ball. Pretty much like a mini prom or as some people would like to call it, a winter dance, school dance, blah blah blah. Lol. Since my school doesn't have homecoming (nope, we don't have sports. it's an arts school.), this is our "close to it" type of function. Everyone looks forward to Winter Ball. 
Out of my four years of high school, I have sadly only been to 2 Winter Balls. My freshman year, I couldn't go because I was grounded (for a very stupid reason if you ask me). The theme that year was Roman Empire and took place at Fair Park Hall in Dallas. They said that it was soo fun. My sophomore year I didn't go because I had pageant things to do. The theme that year was an Elegant Ball. Everyone said that one was boring. My junior year I finally went. I can't remember what the theme was. It was pretty fun but only because I had a date...now that I look back on it... I hated him. Lol. This year, my senior year, my last and final, the theme was just simply Winter Ball. This year by far was the best. 
I have been planning for winter ball to be my first party after I had Gabriella so this was so much fun getting ready for. I ordered my dress online 2 weeks in advance, and I planned out my hair and makeup. I decided to go with Alexis since we both live close to each other. Out of all 4 of my friends, Me and LaDarria were the only ones with no dates. So we were each others. The ball took place at EM the Venue in the design district of Dallas. I felt so great walking in. I felt like I was back to my original sexy self. The night couldn't have went any better either. I immediately went on the dance floor after saying my hellos to everyone. I felt great dancing again. I just felt soooooooo much like KORTNEY lol. It was amazing. Dancing and having a good time with my friends and classmates. Our school is so small. Only 800 students compared to most high schools that have 1,000 something students. So everybody knows everybody and even though we all have our differences and opinions, we all get along so well. Especially my senior class. We are just one big dysfunctional family. I couldn't have asked for an even better night. 

I'm not going to get into too much detail because all we did was dance, sweat, talk, take pictures, dance, sweat  dance, dance and did I mention dance? Lol. Overall it was a great night. I drove home with Alexis and we did have plans to go to IHOP but those got ruined because she was running out of gas. I came home, took a quick bath, nursed a sleepy Gabby and looked through all the videos and pictures that I took. Earlier, Gurley. LaDarria, Alexis and I were sitting down and said...."You guys this is it...... We only have one semester left until this is all over..." I almost wanted to cry. This really IS it. I have been daydreaming and imagining my senior year since the 6th grade. It may have had a few "unexpected additions" but that's completely fine with me. I'm so happy with my life right now and I am so happy and excited for these next 4 and final months of high school. AWWWWW I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry....
This is definitely the start of my final high school journey and I'm just making as many memories as I can. 
Memories that last a lifetime...


Make every moment count! 
-Kortney

"Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish them." ~ Unknown 


No comments:

Post a Comment