Thursday, May 23, 2013

Senior Awards Night

So today was our last day. Not officially but it was our last class day ever. It was amazing. We would never have to see a high school classroom ever again. It's tradition at my school that we have "Senior Scream" where we go out into the school's foyer 10 mins before school lets out and we just scream our class number, hold up signs, yell, go crazy, and just bask in the moment that this would be our last time we hear that bell. It was soooooo much fun. We threw "gold dust" (Gold glitter. Because our class song is "Gold Dust" by DJ Fresh dubstep remix), shook tambourines, threw streamers and silly string, had some drums going from the musicians, and just yelled so much because we were done! (Video will be uploaded)
After all that awesomeness, it was time for the Senior Awards. First we broke up into our cluster awards.
Dance cluster had ours in the studios (of course) and we had BBQ for dinner. Ms Weiss had our baby pictures as centerpieces. It was too cute seeing everyone as babies. Some of us look exactly the same lol. Me. During the passing out of the awards and tassels, Ms Weiss said something special about each and every one of us. She said that I was the student who was the strongest. Whenever a problem hit me hard, I would always find the strength to keep pushing forward. Thanks Ms Weiss :)
After all awards were passed out and tassels were given, we sang our last chant.
Listen, Listen, Listen to my hearts song. (13!)
Listen, Listen, Listen to my hearts song.
I will never forget you, I will never forsake you
I will never forget you, I will never forsake you 
I will never forget youuuuuuuuuuuuu!
I cried and so did others. It was our last time saying that chant ever. That chant has brought us together every single time we do it. We showed love with that chant, we kissed with that chant, we passed roses with that chant, we cried with that chant. And we no longer get to say it :'( 
If I could write a letter to those studio floors, I would say Thank You. Thank you for welcoming my feet and my body when I first stepped onto you when I was just a freshman. Thank you for feeding my curiosity and my imagination. Thank you for pushing me out there when I was scared to. Thank you for catching my tears and my blood and sweat. Thank you for ripping my skin and breaking my bones. It was all worth it. Thank you for being my muse when I was feeling happy or depressed. Thank you for being my home when I needed one. You have showed me how to be an artist and even though some days I hated you for doing all those things to me, I will always and forever love you and one day I will come back. Thank you for everything. 
So much has happened in those studios for the past 4 years. Now I must find myself and represent for the "home" in which my talent was bred. 

You are a product of your education.
-Kortney

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." ~ Jimi Hendrix 

No comments:

Post a Comment