Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Break 2013!

My spring break 2013 was great!
Technically, I had 2 weeks of spring break instead of one. I counted 2 because Claud's spring break was the week right after mine. SO it was kinda like have 2 weeks of amazing spring fun.
My week started off with Rent-A-Senior day at my school. Traditionally, the day before spring break is senior skip day. So our school has this "new" tradition that underclassmen can "Rent a Senior" for the entire day and have them do whatever they want. But since half of my class is truant and at risk of not graduating because of attendance, the majority of us participated in rent-a-senior which is 10x funner anyways. I was rented by Sinclair, a junior in the dance cluster with me, and I was her pretty kitty for the day. She painted me a cat face, put my hair in cat ear buns, and dumped glitter all over me. Every time someone said my name I had to sing the "meow song" and if someone touched me I had to purrrr. It was fun while it lasted but I swear if I hear another meow or the meow song anymore, I'm going to hit somebody. Lol
Alexis was a whore (her renter stole my idea because that's what I did to my senior when I was a sophomore -.-), Chelsea was a Sparkle Fairy Pixie Dust..... it was hilarious, and DJ was a male fairy who threw sparkles on everyone. Rent-A-Senior day was soooo much fun. This marks the beginning of our senior activities. This means we are so much more closer to graduation.
Sunday, we made our trip to Shreveport, my hometown. This was Gabby's first time travelling.
Gabriella and her cousin McKenzie.

While we were in Shreveport, we did the usual. Just chilled out and ate good food. Also while I was down there, we went shopping. OMG did we shop! We had to spend at least $250 on just shopping alone. It was crazy. And the majority of the items were all for Gabby. Yeap, she is definitely spoiled like her mommy by her mommy. :) 
When we came back to Texas, I had an appointment to get my hair colored. I've been waiting for forever to get my hair re-colored. My new hair color is now Chestnut brown and I love it. So does everyone else. When I was getting my hair done, my mom had Gabriella and watched her at home for me. Since Claud was now back in Texas too, I wanted to see him right away and he wanted the same. After I was finished with my hair, he picked me up from the hair salon and...well yea.....we spent some time together ;) It was nice to be with him again since I haven't seen him since January. After we spent our time, it was time to see his growing baby girl. When we got back to my house, she was waiting for us downstairs with my mom holding her. I grabbed her and I brought her over to Claud and the biggest and best smile ever came across his face. He finally saw his little baby again. It was so cute because he didn't wanna let her go. 



For the rest of the week, we just did some really fun stuff. Monday we took Gabriella to the doctor and then just drove around to see some people. I loved missing school that day because it just feels so good to just be with your man and your baby. Wednesday we just sat at my house and watched TV as our little family. 
Thursday we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse which is the best damn steakhouse in the entire world!!! It was my first time going and I swear I will definitely be going back.Friday we had a crawfish boil at my house with some of his family. And Saturday.... well since the Christening had to be cancelled, we just had a gift exchange since so many people had already bought gifts. It was really nice but too much like a baby shower which kind of made me uncomfortable but I am very grateful for the gifts and clothes that Gabriella received. After the gift exchange, me Claud and Gabriella spent some time together before he had to leave this morning. We aren't gonna see him again until May 8th. 
So in a conclusion, my spring break was great. Spent alot of time with family and spent alot of money on clothes lol. I also found myself again. My new hair color brought back the real Kortney again. I feel great. 
Watching March Madness before going to Texas Roadhouse.
Happy Spring!
-Kortney


"Some days you just have to create your own sunshine." ~ Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment