Saturday, January 19, 2013

And my search for Gabby's daycare begins...

I can't believe that I only have 2 weeks until I have to go back to school. I'm trying my hardest not to think about it though. Well since I do only have 2 more weeks, my pregnancy case manager said that now is a good time to start researching daycare centers. I really hate that I have to send Gabriella to a daycare center but my immediate close family is either 3 hours away in Louisiana or they all work. I have my scares about daycare centers because I was sent to one my entire childhood and I hated it. The smells, the so called "teachers" with bad attitudes that barely watched what children were doing, and the dreaded germs. EEEEHK! Hmmmmm but I have to send her to one. And that's why I am looking for the best one possible that fits my (somewhat high) standards. Only the best for the best, right? ;)
So far I have picked out 4 centers and I have already crossed out 2. Thanks to the state's list of daycares on their website, I was able to see the centers deficiencies and violations. What I am mainly looking for in a good daycare, is that there are not too many children for the caregivers to handle, make sure that they have background checks, a safe and healthy environment, focus on learning and development, and I also want to make sure that me and whoever will be taking care of Gabriella is on the same page with me. I don't want any conflict or disagreements. So far, I am pretty confident in just one center. Its close to my school, I can get to her easy and the hours are great. The other option is just a last resort.  Its closer to my house but very far from my school which is where I am at most of the time.

Well,  wish me luck hunting!
-Kortney

"They cant scare me if I scare them first." ~ Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment