Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: Patiently Waiting...

Yeap...
At 37 weeks:
At my doctors visit, which was last Monday, he said that I was thinning out and that I've dilated 1 cm. So that meant that baby could have came last week or she could make an appearance next week.
At 38 weeks (which is now):
Baby still hadn't came. So then at my last doctors visit, he said I was completely thinned out, I even lost my mucus plug, but I was still only 1 cm dilated!

I really am trying to be patient and occupy myself so I did quite a few things since the last time I blogged:

1. I stocked up on her essentials.
As you all may know, Im a pretty organized and proud neat freak. I seriously cannot do a single thing without a checklist or writing it down in my planner. So over the weekend I went to Target with my mom and we bought everything that we still needed. The thing is, we didn't really know what we still needed. My mom had already ordered a huge supply of diapers from Amazon.com that would last her throughout all her "newborn stage". So we were good on that, but still needed to know what else. Thankfully, thanks to my favorite baby websites, TheBump.com and BabyCenter.com, they had checklists of essentials for baby. So I printed out the list and we spent at least $175 at Target on just things for baby. Not bad.
Checklist: Baby Essentials - TheBump.com

2. I packed my hospital bag.



Thanks again to the checklist, I finally packed for my trip to the hospital. The most fun part about it was that I got to choose what baby will wear going home :)
Checklist: Packing A Hospital Bag - TheBump.com

3. I finally finished her side of the room.
Since I still live with my family, we agreed to have baby sleep in my room since I want her close to me.  But our house isn't a mansion so my room is a little matchbox. No room for a crib, only a bassinet and barely fit for a playpen.  One of my friends who had a bassinet ready for me took too long to bring it to me so my mom bought a playpen. We had to squeeze it in but it works and I love it!
4. I washed all of her clothes and organized them some more.
2 of my good friends had just recently had babies and thank God they were girls too. So of course I got plenty of hand me down newborn clothes from them. So I washed them with Dreft laundry detergent which is safe for babies skin and smells soooo good. After I washed all of the clothes I separated them from things she got from the baby shower and the hand me downs. I put away some of the hand me downs in a separate basket because I either didn't like the clothes or they were too springtime-ish since their babies were born during the summer. But I actually had a great time going through all of it because I know that she will be wearing that stuff pretty soon and I felt comfort knowing that she has more than enough clothes to last her throughout her newborn stage.

As you can see I have been keeping myself pretty occupied. I just really cannot wait until she get here though. I technically have 10 more days until my official due date, but I have a feeling that she will come sooner (I hope so).

38 Weeks and 3 Days
1 cm dilated and 100% effaced

Patiently Waiting and Fingers Crossed!
-Kortney

"We must see things for how they are instead of how we hope, wish, or expect them to be." ~ Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment