Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Beauty Products for Spring 2012! Part 2

So now that I have talked to you about problems of the hair, it's now time to move on to the beautiful (and sometimes problematic) skin! Some people think that you should take care of your face the same way you take care of the rest of the skin on your body....not exactly. Your face tends to be a bit more complex than the rest of the skin on your body. The bodily skin needs more moisture than anything.
Let's start with skin care of the face!
There are 6 face skin types that people have; Normal, Dry, Oily, Combination, Acne Prone, and Sensitive. It's important to know what type of skin you have. I have combination skin which means I have to exfoliate and moisturize. And since I am in the entertainment business, I wear alot of makeup so I have to really take care of my skin. But what works for me may not necessarily work for everyone.
Spring product that I am trying out:
L'Oreal Go 360 Anti-Acne Facial Wash
So far, I like this product, but I don't think that it is helping with the occasional breakouts that I have. Since it is a gel/liquid based wash, and I have combination skin, it does dry out my face after I wash it so I have to always put some kind of moisturizer on it. But the facial scrublet feels very good I must say. In all, this product is receiving not so good points for me so far.
For Normal Skin:
Well...you have normal skin. This means that there is a good balance of oil and dryness on your face and you may or may not breakout occasionally. If you have normal skin, you can pretty much use any kind of wash on your face but always moisturise afterwards.
For Dry Skin:
Your skin feels tight all the time. Especially after you wash it. Breakouts are rare but peeling and irritation are frequent. The best facial cleansers to use are those that are cream based. So if you come across any wash that you can see through, whether its colored or not, don't use it! These dry your skin even more. Always and always use light to medium moisturizer day and night.

For Oily Skin:
Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate! You need to get the oil out of your skin pretty much or just simply maintain it. In my opinion, the best way to control oil is to exfoliate. Oily skin has the most breakouts and you tend to sweat alot. So during the cold months such as the winter and the fall, use a gel based cleanser that has "anti-Acne" labeled on it. And when it starts to get hot, exfoliate as much as you can. After you exfoliate, try to find a gel moisturizer that is extremely light and only use it at night after you wash your face. Stay away from creams.

For Combination Skin:
The same skin I have; Believe it or not, combo skin is pretty close to normal but our oil and our dry spots aren't controlled. Therefore we have to be alot more precise with what we use on our face. Acne may come here and there but mostly around "that time of the month". Combo skin must keep their faces clean. No skipping. During the cold months, exfoliate and moisturize, while during the warmer months, use anti-Acne cleanser and moisturize. Stay away from creams and only moisturize at night after you wash your face.

For Acne Skin:
Exfoliate and try not to moisturize too much. People with acne skin need to know that the more you exfoliate the less and less acne you will have. When you scrub away the pimples the less dead skin you will have and then there will be no more scars. Since you do not want to put any more oil on your skin, use a gel moisturizer on at night only. During the cold months use exfoliating wash. If you don't want to spend money on a gel moisturizer and a scrub wash, you can also use a cream exfoliating wash but only at night. During the hot months, use a gel, anti-acne wash and gel moisturizer at night.

For Sensitive Skin:
Sensitive skin should be treated just like dry skin. Stay away from any harsh products like gel products. Use unscented cream wash and DO NOT exfoliate. Your moisturizer should be in your cleanser. You do not need too much oil on your delicate face.

For everyones face, you need to wash your face in the morning and at night. Do not sleep in your makeup , always remove your makeup. If you do not have makeup remover, I suggest you get a bottle of Vaseline. This works wonders on eye makeup. if you have not yet found a product that works right for me, do what I am doing and keep searching for what product works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment