Skip to main content

Gabby's New Sleep Routine

Of course, getting her off the passie is way harder than I thought. Shes definitely    not using it as much anymore. But she sometimes cannot sleep without it. Oh well. Its just gonna have to be like that until shes 18 months old. So one more month! 
But as far as her sleep schedule goes, its now on "Toddler Time". Her new bedtime is 8pm/8:30pm. 
Our routine is simple of course and similar to her baby sleep schedule. 

First I give her a bath. I like to keep bath time short and sweet. Dump all the toys in the tub, add bubbles then add Gabby. I immediately wash her, then wash her hair if needed, and then shes out. Shes still too young in my opinion for actual bath toys.

After her bath, we go to the room to dry off, lotion up then put her pj's on. All while we do that, the lights are off and I only have the lamp and night light on so she knows its time to quiet down.

Now after the last step, either one or two things happen depending on her energy. 

1. I let her "blow off steam" or as Yo Gabba Gabba says, "Get the sillies out". I let her play with toys while I get our stuff ready for the next day. And when I'm done, I put her in the bed and let her go to sleep. 
 Or
2. I lay down with her until she falls asleep. Then i'll do what I have to for the next day. 

Its really simple compared to her baby schedule. I don't play music for her anymore because she'll start dancing. Lol  

Shes growing so fast. 
Time goes by so quickly. 
Enjoy every single moment. 

~Kortney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Month of High School! :(

I can't believe that starting Wednesday, it will be my last month of high school. It feels like not too long ago I was in the 4th grade imagining my high school senior year. Now it has finally come to reality. With a few exceptions and changes to that reality lol. I didn't know that I would be going to an arts school, and I definitely never expected to be a high school mom. But all those unexpected things are what makes my life better than expected :) In this final month, there will be so many activities we will be doing so keep checking back later! Hugs and Love! -Kortney "Tough times don't last. Tough people do." ~ Unknown 

Final Trimester! Welcome to the Home Stretch...

I have officially reached the last 3 months of my pregnancy! Yaaaaaay! Baby boy is now the size of an eggplant. I have weighed myself at different places, and i'm actually not sure which one is correct. At the spa, I'm 139....... at my mom's house using her scale, I'm 129..... hopefully I'm 129. Lol. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday so i'll see how much I REALLY weigh. It scares me because if I really am 139 pounds, that mean's he's going to be huge because I was 139 pounds when I gave birth to Gabby. Speaking of doctor's appointments, I am now going every 2 weeks. Which is good for me because I really have alot of questions now. This pregnancy is so different from my first and I am having so many different symptoms. I am soooo tired of eating. I know that is strange to say coming from a pregnant girl but it's like I'm ALWAYS hungry and I'm ALWAYS  eating. Lol. I'm just really tired of stuffing my face. It doesn't f...

Pregnancy Diary: Third Trimester

Just last week I made it to my last trimester of pregnancy. I am now in the home stretch! So far it has been everything that the pregnancy websites, apps, and books say. Usually in the third trimester aches and pains become worse, fatigue comes back from the first trimester, and new problems pop up as well. These are all true. My feet feel as if they are about to pop, my back is killing me and my poor tummy feels like it has reached its limit for stretching. Sometimes I even feel like baby doesn't have enough room at all to move around anymore. I keep thinking to myself, "Only 10 more weeks". Maybe even shorter/longer than that. Im ready but I'm not ready. I have nothing prepared yet, not even her room. But I just cannot wait until my little angel gets here. :) Love you guys! -Kortney  "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."