Skip to main content

Baby Shower Planning: Themes

Eeeek! Its only a month before my baby shower! :D September flew by so fast and I have been following everything step by step on my checklist trying to prepare. Its actually not at all alot of work, just so much fun. Alot more fun and less stressful than planning a wedding.
Next up on my checklist was choosing a theme. Choosing a theme is also one of those things that are not too hard. Well for one, if you know what u are having, then that should knock off a whole lot of options. If you decide u want a "surprise" or a "gender reveal" then its only just a little harder because you don't want things to be too girlish or boyish. One last factor you consider when choosing a theme is when you are going to have it. You wanna try to always stay in season. You don't want springtime butterflies in the middle of January, or dark colors in April. Ive truly learned my lesson by sticking to a theme by season. My birthday parties in the past were almost never in season. My 13th birthday was an at home Luau, my QuinceaƱera was the day before Halloween and red and diamond themed, and keep in mind my birthday is at the end of October! Hahaha
This time I've taken good advice and considered the season including my baby's gender. Im having a girl so of course me being a proud girl I want pink. My baby shower is November 4, so I didn't really want too much flowers and stuff. So the theme, or color scheme I am choosing is Pink and Chocolate brown. See. In season this time! Lol.
Here are a few "templates" ive picked out. Lemme know what you think.



Until next time my lovey doves!
-Kortney

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get...until you bite into it." ~Forrest Gump

Comments

  1. Informative post!! Thanks for sharing this info here about themes and I chose to go with “gender reveal” theme for my sister’s baby shower at one of local LA venue. Just need to have fantastic ideas for the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Month of High School! :(

I can't believe that starting Wednesday, it will be my last month of high school. It feels like not too long ago I was in the 4th grade imagining my high school senior year. Now it has finally come to reality. With a few exceptions and changes to that reality lol. I didn't know that I would be going to an arts school, and I definitely never expected to be a high school mom. But all those unexpected things are what makes my life better than expected :) In this final month, there will be so many activities we will be doing so keep checking back later! Hugs and Love! -Kortney "Tough times don't last. Tough people do." ~ Unknown 

Final Trimester! Welcome to the Home Stretch...

I have officially reached the last 3 months of my pregnancy! Yaaaaaay! Baby boy is now the size of an eggplant. I have weighed myself at different places, and i'm actually not sure which one is correct. At the spa, I'm 139....... at my mom's house using her scale, I'm 129..... hopefully I'm 129. Lol. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday so i'll see how much I REALLY weigh. It scares me because if I really am 139 pounds, that mean's he's going to be huge because I was 139 pounds when I gave birth to Gabby. Speaking of doctor's appointments, I am now going every 2 weeks. Which is good for me because I really have alot of questions now. This pregnancy is so different from my first and I am having so many different symptoms. I am soooo tired of eating. I know that is strange to say coming from a pregnant girl but it's like I'm ALWAYS hungry and I'm ALWAYS  eating. Lol. I'm just really tired of stuffing my face. It doesn't f...

Pregnancy Diary: Third Trimester

Just last week I made it to my last trimester of pregnancy. I am now in the home stretch! So far it has been everything that the pregnancy websites, apps, and books say. Usually in the third trimester aches and pains become worse, fatigue comes back from the first trimester, and new problems pop up as well. These are all true. My feet feel as if they are about to pop, my back is killing me and my poor tummy feels like it has reached its limit for stretching. Sometimes I even feel like baby doesn't have enough room at all to move around anymore. I keep thinking to myself, "Only 10 more weeks". Maybe even shorter/longer than that. Im ready but I'm not ready. I have nothing prepared yet, not even her room. But I just cannot wait until my little angel gets here. :) Love you guys! -Kortney  "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."