Skip to main content

Pregnancy Diary: Breastfeeding 101

Its only Wednesday! Ugh! I was supposed to publish this post last night but I was sooo tired. I didn't even do that much yesterday. I didn't even do some work I was supposed to do. But I'm here posting this morning about what I did do. I went to a breastfeeding class! I really wanted to take this class because I am pro breast milk! So when my baby comes, I'll be ready. What so many people don't know are the benefits of breastfeeding. Not only is it good for your baby but it does wonders for your body as well. It burns calories so you can get back into shape faster, it helps your boobs not to sag (something we all definitely do not want), and it creates a special bond with your baby.
I went into the lactation consultants classroom and it was surprisingly small.. 2 other women and myself. Maybe because it was an 8:30am class. But I had a great time learning at least the basics before she gets here. I will have another class later on. Dont worry. I'll tell you all about that one too with more details.
Proud to be a breastfeeding mommy! :D

Love you babies!
-Kortney
"Three things are needed for a good life, good friends, good food, and good song." ~ Jason Jebehazy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Month of High School! :(

I can't believe that starting Wednesday, it will be my last month of high school. It feels like not too long ago I was in the 4th grade imagining my high school senior year. Now it has finally come to reality. With a few exceptions and changes to that reality lol. I didn't know that I would be going to an arts school, and I definitely never expected to be a high school mom. But all those unexpected things are what makes my life better than expected :) In this final month, there will be so many activities we will be doing so keep checking back later! Hugs and Love! -Kortney "Tough times don't last. Tough people do." ~ Unknown 

Final Trimester! Welcome to the Home Stretch...

I have officially reached the last 3 months of my pregnancy! Yaaaaaay! Baby boy is now the size of an eggplant. I have weighed myself at different places, and i'm actually not sure which one is correct. At the spa, I'm 139....... at my mom's house using her scale, I'm 129..... hopefully I'm 129. Lol. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday so i'll see how much I REALLY weigh. It scares me because if I really am 139 pounds, that mean's he's going to be huge because I was 139 pounds when I gave birth to Gabby. Speaking of doctor's appointments, I am now going every 2 weeks. Which is good for me because I really have alot of questions now. This pregnancy is so different from my first and I am having so many different symptoms. I am soooo tired of eating. I know that is strange to say coming from a pregnant girl but it's like I'm ALWAYS hungry and I'm ALWAYS  eating. Lol. I'm just really tired of stuffing my face. It doesn't f...

Pregnancy Diary: Third Trimester

Just last week I made it to my last trimester of pregnancy. I am now in the home stretch! So far it has been everything that the pregnancy websites, apps, and books say. Usually in the third trimester aches and pains become worse, fatigue comes back from the first trimester, and new problems pop up as well. These are all true. My feet feel as if they are about to pop, my back is killing me and my poor tummy feels like it has reached its limit for stretching. Sometimes I even feel like baby doesn't have enough room at all to move around anymore. I keep thinking to myself, "Only 10 more weeks". Maybe even shorter/longer than that. Im ready but I'm not ready. I have nothing prepared yet, not even her room. But I just cannot wait until my little angel gets here. :) Love you guys! -Kortney  "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."